MORE THAN JUST A JOB
At Greater Somerset County YMCA, we believe strong communities start with strong, healthy, and connected staff. Working at the Y is no ordinary job. When you work with us as a fitness instructor, camp counselor, teacher, coordinator, or in any other field, you become part of a family dedicated to improving the lives of others. Guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, our staff strive each day to create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity.
We’re seeking people who want to make a difference in areas such as Membership, Facilities, and more! We offer benefits that include a free YMCA membership, ongoing training opportunities, program discounts, and much more. And when you work at the Y, you’re a vital part of a mission-driven nonprofit that strengthens YOUR community.
Why Work at the Y?
- We are an organization like no other. The Y is the leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by empowering young people, improving the health and well-being of people of all ages and inspiring action in and across communities.
- Greater Somerset County YMCA operates three full-service facilities in Basking Ridge, Hillsborough, and Somerville as well as an aquatics facility Bridgewater; our Y also runs off-site programming in Bernardsville, Franklin Township, and Plainfield
- The Y welcomes everyone, which is why our programs, services, and initiatives are so wide ranging. We proudly serve thousands of members and program participants of all ages, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Our part-time positions offer flexible schedules which are great for working around a second job, college class schedule, or children’s school schedule…you can also mix-and-match positions for personalized variety in your day – teach contemporary dance one day and engage with members at our Welcome Center the next – it’s all possible at the Y!
- Our full time positions offer comprehensive benefit packages that include medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan after two years of employment
- All staff receive training in CPR and First Aid; there are also ongoing training opportunities for staff at all levels
- Safety is our top priority, always
When you work at the Y, you’ll be part of one of the most respected nonprofit community benefit organizations in the world. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Reach your greatest potential with the YMCA. The opportunities are endless, and this is where it all starts.
Grow More Than Your Career
Click below to learn more about Greater Somerset County YMCA’s comprehensive wage and benefit packages as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities available to full-time and part-time employees.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Year after year, Forbes names the YMCA a Leading Employer for Diversity:
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER AT THE Y?
Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. Learn more and view current volunteering opportunities by clicking below: