WHERE WORK IS PLAY
Feel good about where you work. The Y offers a values-centered work environment and benefits that include a free YMCA membership, ongoing training opportunities, program discounts, and much more. And when you work at the Y, you’re a vital part of a mission-driven nonprofit that strengthens YOUR community.
Why Work in Child Care and Youth Programs at the Y?
- The Y is the nation’s largest nonprofit child care provider
- Child care and early learning programs at the Y focus on holistically fostering the physical, social, and emotional development of kids of all ages, from infants to school-aged children.
- At the Y, kids will learn more about their world, develop healthy relationships with adults and other kids, build self-reliance, get help with their schoolwork and more — all in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Greater Somerset County YMCA’s fully-licensed child care programs provide warm and supportive environments where children learn, grow, and thrive
- We also offer a wide array of year-round and seasonal youth programming that includes archery, basketball, creative arts, dance, gymnastics, martial arts, music, performing arts, and more
- The Y is committed to empowering kids to lead healthy, active lifestyles. Our sports programs keep kids active, teach friendly competition, and introduce healthy practices for life.
- Enjoy smiles and giggles throughout your day – Y programs strive to develop and nurture the whole child, with particular emphasis on the social-emotional skills necessary for school-age success
- Our part-time positions offer flexible schedules which are great for working around a second job, college class schedule, or children’s school schedule…you can also mix-and-match positions for personalized variety in your day – teach contemporary dance one day and be a trusted caregiver in our Early Education Centers the next – it’s all possible at the Y!
- Our full time positions offer comprehensive benefit packages that include medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan after two years of employment
- All staff receive training in CPR and First Aid; there are also ongoing training opportunities for staff at all levels
- Safety is our top priority, always
When you work at the Y, you’ll be part of one of the most respected nonprofit community benefit organizations in the world — a place where you can positively influence the lives of others and a place where you are building more than your resume — you help build a better future for yourself and your community. The opportunities are endless, and this is where it all starts.
Grow More Than Your Career
Click below to learn more about Greater Somerset County YMCA’s comprehensive wage and benefit packages as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities available to full-time and part-time employees.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Year after year, Forbes names the YMCA a Leading Employer for Diversity:
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER AT THE Y?
Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. Learn more and view current volunteering opportunities by clicking below: