CAREERS: Current Openings in Fitness & Wellness
ARE YOU AWESOME?
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do positively impacts people’s lives. We’re all about people and building the spirit, mind, and body of everyone we serve. We offer a values-centered work environment and benefits that include a free YMCA membership, ongoing training opportunities, program discounts, and much more. Grow your skills, gain meaningful experience, realize your unique potential, and discover why working at the Y is so much more than a job.
Why Work in Fitness and Wellness at the Y?
- The Y is a leader in improving health and wellness in the communities we serve, providing fitness and educational programs to promote healthier choices and habits
- Greater Somerset County YMCA operates three indoor fitness facilities in its full-service branches in Basking Ridge, Hillsborough, and Somerville, featuring tons of top-notch cardio and weight equipment in our Wellness Centers and a dozens of group exercise classes in our studios
- You’ll gain firsthand experience unlike any other here at the Y – from teens to seniors to those fighting chronic issues and more, our capable and caring staff engage with a wide variety of populations in our local communities.
- Our part-time positions offer flexible schedules which are great for working around a second job, college class schedule, or children’s school schedule…you can also mix-and-match positions for personalized variety in your day – teach cardio kickboxing one day and be a trusted personal trainer helping members realize their health and wellness goals the next – it’s all possible at the Y!
- Our full time positions offer comprehensive benefit packages that include medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan after two years of employment
- All staff receive training in CPR and First Aid; there are also ongoing training opportunities for staff at all levels
- Safety is our top priority, always
When you work at the Y, you’ll be part of one of the most respected nonprofit community benefit organizations in the world. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. The opportunities are endless, and this is where it all starts.
Grow More Than Your Career
Click below to learn more about Greater Somerset County YMCA’s comprehensive wage and benefit packages as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities available to full-time and part-time employees.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Year after year, Forbes names the YMCA a Leading Employer for Diversity:
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER AT THE Y?
Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. View current volunteer opportunities at https://gscymca.org/volunteer
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER AT THE Y?
Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. Learn more and view current volunteering opportunities by clicking below: