FOR THEIR BEST SUMMER EVER
We’re seeking people who want to make a difference. Are you looking for a workplace where you can learn, grow, and thrive; where your talents will shine; and where you can positively influence the lives of others? You’ll find all this and more when you work at the Y!
Why Work at Summer Camp at the Y?
- The Y is the nation’s largest nonprofit year-round child care provider and we believe that the camp experience is transformational
- Our day camps for kids entering Pre-K through 12th grade give young people the opportunity to make new friends and learn new skills as they engage in physical, social and educational activities
- Greater Somerset County YMCA operates fully-licensed, ACA-accredited summer day camp programs at Bridgewater YMCA, Hillsborough YMCA, Somerset Hills YMCA, and Somerville YMCA
- We also operate fully-licensed off-site summer day camp programs on-site at local schools through Plainfield YMCA
- Enjoy smiles and giggles throughout your day – Y programs strive to develop and nurture the whole child, with particular emphasis on the social-emotional skills necessary for school-age success
- Our part-time positions offer flexible schedules which are great for working around a second job, a college internship, or a summer class schedule
- All staff receive training in CPR and First Aid and Summer Camp staff receive an additional 24 hours of specialized training
- Safety is our top priority, always
When you work at the Y, you’ll be part of one of the most respected nonprofit community benefit organizations in the world. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Reach your greatest potential with the YMCA. The opportunities are endless, and this is where it all starts.
A Few Important Things to Keep in Mind
Working at camp is a balance between having fun with the campers while remaining professional. We have high expectations for our staff as they create memories that last a lifetime for all of the campers in their care throughout the summer. A few requirements we ask all potential staff members to consider BEFORE applying for a position on staff this summer:
LIMITED VACATION/TIME-OFF: Our camps operate 10-week programs, which means there are only 50 total workdays. We require staff to be available to work at least eight weeks of the summer. While we understand the summer provides opportunities for family vacations or other trips, days-off (aside from emergencies) during your scheduled weeks are not permitted, with no exceptions. Please make sure you can commit to working at least eight full weeks before applying for a position on staff.
TRAINING DATES: We take pride in employing some of the absolute best staff possible to help create a second-to-none experience for our families. This means multiple training dates throughout the month of June, especially Saturdays and weeknights. These training dates are crucial for our staff and are required for employment both by our organization and our various licensing bodies. Please ensure you can attend these dates before applying for a position on staff.
MINIMUM AGE: Due to the format of our camps, we require staff be at least 18 years old.
Grow More Than Your Career
Click below to learn more about Greater Somerset County YMCA’s comprehensive wage and benefit packages as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities available to full-time and part-time employees.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Year after year, Forbes names the YMCA a Leading Employer for Diversity:
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER AT THE Y?
Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. Learn more and view current volunteering opportunities by clicking below: