Take the cause-driven challenge!
Register today for the YMCA’s first-ever BART’S CHALLENGE featuring SIX timed exercises. Compete against yourself or with others by completing the exercises in the shortest amount of time. For adults and youth 13 years old+, the divisions include individual, pairs and teams of 4 & 8.
There is a non-competitive option too – set a goal and have some fun with friends!
WHEN: Friday, September 23, 2022 & Saturday, September 24, 2022
TIME: 9/23: 4:00pm-7:00pm & 9/24: 8:30am-12:00pm
59 Paul Robeson Place, Princeton, NJ 08540
Pairs: Competitive $40
Team of 4: $60
Team of 8: $80
Non Competitive: $20 entry fee
All competitors receive a T-shirt and medal. All Participants receive a medal. REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 11, 2022!
COMPONENTS OF COMPETITION
The 6 exercises reflect all Bart’s record achievements & critical “enablers”
- PLANKS: 1:30 minutes | enabler – core
- 2-LEG MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS: 100 | enabler – core/cardio
- REGULAR SETUPS: 100 | enabler – abs
- HORIZONTAL PUSH-UPS: 150 | ~ 30% of record
- DECLINE PUSH-UPS (20 INCH HIGH): 50 | ~ 50% of record
- CHIN UPS: 75 | ~ 70% of record
- There is no pre-determined sequence to do the six exercises.
- All exercises must be completed in the right form: straight body, full range of motion, full pushup movement (>90 degree) etc.
- Rules and specifics will be shared at the start of the competition
PARTICIPATION & GUIDELINES
- Options for participation: individually, pairs of 2, teams of 4 or 8.
- Team members may decide on the division of tasks/ exercises.
- Team members must do exercises & sets sequentially i.e., not in parallel/at the same time.
- All participants, whether participating individually or on a team, must complete exercises 1 and 2. Completion time of all team members will count in the grand total time for the challenge.
For adult competitions only:
Before starting the challenge, prepare for 10 – 15 min to:
- Document your strategy & approach for the challenge i.e., the sequencing of exercises, number of sets/exercise and number of-reps/ set and also -for teams- the division of tasks (exercises/sets) amongst the different team members.
- Submit your plan to the organizers: a form will be provided.
COMPETITION & CERTIFICATION
Competition winners will be those persons or teams who complete the Challenge in the shortest amount of time.
- PLATINUM: Under 10 minutes
- GOLD: Over 10 – under 15 minutes
- SILVER: Over 15 – under 20 minutes
- BRONZE: Over 20 – under 25 minutes
- IRON: Over 25 – under 30 minutes
Friday, September 23, 2022 | 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Adult competitions (Ages 19-35, 36-49, 50+)
- Divisions: Individual, Pairs, Teams of 4 and 8
Saturday, September 24, 2022 | 8:30am-12:00pm
- Youth competitions (13 – 18 years old)
- Divisions: Individual, Pairs | Non-competitive – All ages: Pairs and Teams
Contact Bobby Dobra at Princeton YMCA at email@example.com | 609 497 9622 x216
Bart Talloen is a senior executive at Johnson & Johnson and fitness enthusiast who, as part of his efforts to achieve fitness world records, has raised more than $120,000 for the YMCA since 2018. This year, he is leading the first BART’S CHALLENGE competition and event to inspire others to set goals of their own, individually or with others, and to promote and celebrate healthy living as a community. Bart’s personal motto is “Belief in the power of dreaming big, setting a goal and going for it, and never giving up!”
BART’S CHALLENGE IN THE NEWS: https://www.nj.com/mercer/2020/12/nj-mans-record-breaking-feat-raises-40k-for-local-ymca.html
CAN’T MAKE IT IN SEPTEMBER? SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
Make an impact in your community by making a donation to the Y’s Annual Campaign. Here’s how:
To make a donation online:
- Use this link https://operations.daxko.com/online/5029/OnlineGiving/Donation.mvc
- Enter the donation amount
- Under campaign, select Princeton YMCA Annual Campaign from the drop down box
- Under campaigner, select Bart Talloen (You may also select to dedicate this donation by selecting In honor of and entering “Bart Talloen”)
- Complete contact and payment information
To make a donation via check:
- Please make checks payable to “Somerset County YMCA” and mail to:
Greater Somerset County YMCA
140 Mt. Airy Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- In the memo field note: Bart’s Challenge
When you give to the Y, you strengthen your community. 100% of tax-deductible, charitable gifts to the Y go directly to support neighbors through:
- financial assistance for individuals who need the Y’s critical services but, otherwise, cannot afford them, such as child care, swim lessons, summer camp, wellness programs and more
- tutoring and learning recovery resources to help young students
- meal distribution to hungry neighbors
- safety around water programs to mitigate risk of accidental drownings
- programs for people of all abilities
- and, so many more vital programs that help neighbors to thrive
The community needs the Y, and the Y needs you. Gifts are not TO the Y, they are THROUGH the Y to your community.
No matter where you are on your journey, the Y is where you can be, belong, and become.