SMS Terms & Conditions
GREATER SOMERSET COUNTY YMCA SMS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Opting In. When you opt-in to My Y Alerts, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- Opting Out. You can cancel My Y Alerts at any time. Just text “STOP” to 866-269-4729. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join My Y Alerts again, just sign up as you did the first time at https://www.gscymca.org/text and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- Help. For help or information about My Y Alerts, just text “HELP” to 866-269-4729 . After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to 866-269-4729 or visit https://www.gscymca.org/text
- Carriers. We are able to deliver SMS messages to all major U.S. and Canadian mobile phone carriers.
- Message and Data Rates. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency will vary based on the type(s) of SMS messages you have opted in to receive. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about My Y Alerts, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not a Condition of Receiving Services. Consent to receive SMS messages as part of My Y Alerts is not required as a condition of participation in or eligibility for any Greater Somerset County YMCA programs or services.
- Auto-dialers. Texts may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system.
- Errors and Disclaimer. My Y Alerts are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or any errors or omissions in the content of SMS messages as part of MY Y Alerts.
- Changes and Termination. By subscribing to or otherwise using My Y Alerts, you acknowledge and agree that Greater Somerset County YMCA will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
- Third Party Links. These terms and conditions apply only to My Y Alerts, and not to the websites of any other companies or organizations, including those to which SMS messages sent as part of My Y Alerts may link. We are not responsible for the availability of any other website to which the content of an SMS message links. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other website. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other website. You should direct any concerns to that website’s administrator or Webmaster. Additional data rates may apply.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will we be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the SMS messages as part of My Y Alerts, or any products of services provided pursuant to My Y Alerts, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost data), so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall the total liability to you by us or any of our licensors or suppliers for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you to us, if any, for accessing SMS messages as part of My Y Alerts.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) any breach by you of any of these terms and conditions, (ii) your content and materials, (iii) your use of materials or features available through My Y Alerts (except to the extent a claim is based upon infringement of a third party right by materials created by us) or (iv) a violation by you of applicable law or any agreement or terms with a third party to which you are subject.
- Jurisdictional Issues. We control and operate My Y Alerts from our Association office in Basking Ridge, NJ. We do not represent that the content of SMS messages as part of My Y Alerts are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to opt-in to receive SMS messages from us as part of My Y Alerts from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Miscellaneous. These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action of law or inequity that arises out of or relates to these terms will be subject to binding arbitration in accordance with the New Jersey Arbitration Association and will be arbitrated in Somerset County, New Jersey. If any of these terms and conditions is found unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining terms and conditions, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter it contains. This agreement may be modified only by our posting of changes to these terms and conditions, or by a writing signed by both parties.